Yoga with Stylish Amazing Alex Kaufmann

Alex Kaufmann took her first yoga class in 2010 while studying at the University of Toronto in Ontario, Canada. It was a while before she picked it up again, in 2013 while pregnant with her daughter, Finn, she decided to get back into yoga, this time -- prenatal yoga. Post pregnancy was rough, especially after undergoing an emergency c-section, however, yoga was the light that helped her through it.


Since then Alex has maintained a daily practice, immersed in yoga asana, meditation and pranayama. She began to document her journey on Instagram in mid 2014 and now has a following of over 349,000 people. Her love of yoga has driven her to inspire others to follow their dreams and awaken their passions. In July 2015, she successfully obtained her 200hr Teacher Training certification from Green Monkey Yoga in Coral Gables, Florida. This intensive training, rooted in the importance of a consistent personal yoga practice, self-empowerment, leadership skills and health and wellness has encouraged her to share her passion with others.

WHY YOGA:


Yoga Alex Kaufmann

When I was younger and even to this day, I suffered from horrible low self esteem issues. Yoga has liberated me, grounded me and given me the ability to use a strength I had all along. Yoga has shown me the importance of self love. Yoga has truly changed my mind, my body...my entire being.

HOW I LIVE MY PRACTICE:


Yoga Alex Kaufmann

I aspire to live a life filled with love, gratitude and free of judgment. I pour my passion into everything I do. I am not afraid to fall or fail. I am always a student - willing to learn from everyone and every experience.

WHERE I AM MOST CHALLENGED BY MY PRACTICE:


Yoga Alex Kaufmann

Giving into my inner roommate -- allowing myself to fall into self-judgment and finding too much comfort/stagnancy in my comfort zone.

Yoga Alex Kaufmann